They are small chemical compounds composed of short-chain amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. They effectively tell your cells to produce more collagen: one of the major building blocks of the skin. So by applying them directly to your skin, you're telling your body it needs to make more collagen.
Benefits of Polypeptides for Skin
We have utilised the benefits of signal peptides within VEIL PEPTIDE FIRMING TONIC, COLLAGEN PEPTIDE FIRMING MASK and PEPTIDE RENEWAL NECK + DECOLLETAGE FIRMING TREATMENT. These act as s messengers, triggering collagen synthesis, which then increases skin firmness.
Other Benefits include
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines: By stimulating collagen production, peptides can give your skin the impression of being plumper:
- Strengthens skin barrier: When peptides help amp up your skin cells, they may also help improve your skin barrier.
- Locks in hydration: As you age, collagen production decreases, which also causes dehydration. When peptides help boost collagen production, it also boosts hydration.
- Aids in collagen production: When collagen breaks down, the peptides send a signal to our skin's cells, informing them to make more collagen to replace what we lose naturally as we get older. Every year, collagen production decreases, which causes wrinkles, dehydration, discoloration, loss of firmness, and a dull complexion,
- Has anti-inflammatory properties: Antioxidants found in peptides help calm and soothe your skin, leading to less inflammation.
- Smoothes out complexion: With upped collagen production likely comes clearer, more even skin, too.
- Repairs damaged skin: Carrier peptides work to heal your skin from the inside out.